Wednesday 13 February 2013

Growing up and 'Chanel'


My friend wanted to introduce me to his favorite perfume for women called 'Coco Mademoiselle' by Chanel.

I had never smelt anything like it.

It reminded me of a 1940's black and white movie. Something classy, feminine, complicated, wise and very nostalgic.

I fell deeply in love with the scent and I was very tempted to buy it. To some extent I should have treated myself, I had been frugal for as long as I could remember. However, this time, I chose to walk away.

When I was a little girl, I saw how beautiful my Mother was (and still is) by appearance and by character. As a result, I wanted to grow up as quickly as possible. I would sit on the bed next to my Mother's dressing table and watch her go through her beauty routine. I remember the little case of Chanel face lotion that I could only smell but never touch. I wanted to grow up and discover my own piece of Chanel.

Chanel is more than a scent, it is the epitome of class and of being a woman. 

I can't pull it off right now. I don't have the level of maturity to be someone I would have looked up to as a little girl. I'm still trying to figure out who I am. I have a lot things to do, places to go and goals to accomplish.

Chanel stands for so much more than merely a perfume. It signifies what I ultimately want to be. Someone classy, someone wise, someone who holds herself up with dignity, value and maturity. All of that comes with growing up and experiencing life.

I can only hope that someday, my own children will sit next to my dressing table, see my spray on Chanel and dream about growing up a little faster themselves.

  
I know I will get there.





My love forever and always,

Krystina

No comments:

Post a Comment